The student news site of Westbrook High School

Torch Tribune

New Light Shed on the Annual Art Show

Hallway Exhibition

The Westbrook High School Annual Art Show Opened on Tuesday with a fantastic display of work from all of the art courses offered at WHS. Part of what helped make the artwork look so amazing was the newly installed lighting, which had just been installed the night before the show. Students and staff were blown away by the transformation the hall had undergone in one day. Student art covers the hallway and spreads into all of the art rooms. The exhibition is on display through Thursday evening.

In addition to the exhibition, opening night is a special occasion for Westbrook’s chapter of National Art Honor Society, Art Community Education Service (ACES) of the Blaze. Seniors that are inducted receive their honor chords that they will march with during graduation and new members are inducted during the event. Door prizes were also given out to parents and other adults who attended the opening night festivities.

WHS Art Department would like to congratulate the following Senior ACES members: Dana Ledue, Abby St. Clair, Janessa Corbett, Ielaf Khalil, Courtney LeClair, ACES Secretary Sierra Cameron and ACES President Trina Sayed.

Congratulations also go out to the newly inducted members: Sasha Simatovic, Kimberly Do, Maddie Herbert, Emma Sperry, Samantha Gummoe, Camryn LaPierre and Kelly Maguire.

The Art Department would also like the give its deepest thanks to Mr. Peter Wilson and his Electricity students for their hard work in getting the lighting set before the show.

1 Comment

One Response to “New Light Shed on the Annual Art Show”

1. Jennifer Brooks on May 5th, 2016 11:51 am

The art work is amazing! I am so proud of our students and so grateful for their teachers. Also, the new lighting really allows for it to be seen and appreciated. Great job by all!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

New Light Shed on the Annual Art Show